View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 10:26

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 CraiglinnPond 

yeah im going to fish it for the tench soonish now the weather has picked up kind of lol. i know of a good water in coatbridge for the pike, its similar to st mo's, but alot dodgier! lol, u could have 5 pike in a day easy also perch to about 2lbs. i think ther are bigger but! pike arnt big but plentifull, biggest ive seen out of it is 10lbs. also carp rudd n roach aswell. good water but in coatbridge its well dodgy at the weekends. i live in coatbridge so its easy for me to get ther.

17 Jun 2008, 12:11

is that whitchywood ponds

17 Jun 2008, 15:05
Profile YIM

Where abouts is it? Is it the water across the road from Drumpellier next to the electrical plant? ive been told thats good for pike. Im eager to find new pike and pearch waters. if you could let me know what one you mean that would be minted. I dont mind if its dodgy im a bit dodgy myself lol

St mos will be good for the tench after a hot day between 6pm and dark at the first grassy bit next to the water. further left towards the corner where the water runs in is best for the pike.

17 Jun 2008, 15:59

errr that water has monster pike in it. u are not aloud to fish it though, its ownd by the electric company, they will chase u. mayb even fine u for fishing it. early mornings would be ur best bet. like from sunrise to 8-9ish the get the censored out of ther! lol. thats not the water i was talking about though...this one is a 2 small ponds. in the middle of townhead. do u know wher the big train freight place is? its behind that. u need to drive into the scheme, n its a short walk from the path. id need to show u wher it is, i doubt ud find it on ur own lol. ther is anothher loch that is nearer easter house called bishops loch. that has big pike in it, they lochs (drumpelier and woodend and bishop and hogganfield are all connected. through bogs ect..

17 Jun 2008, 17:24

it could b thare two or three small ponds its next to flats and thares a back road by the scrapyard ones full of top weed

17 Jun 2008, 17:30
Profile YIM

yeah thats it man! well in lol. i try to tell people wher it is n they never get wher im mean. its the larger of the two ponds is the best in my opinion, that one has the big perch in it and roach. and the good pike. its a wee bit more secluded as well so u can gte peace. do u know any other pike waters?? or good perch ones??

17 Jun 2008, 17:32

i will need to try and find them cos you know how it is when you fish the same few waters all the time. im not sure what part townhead is, is that near the road that goes from glenmavis into coatbridge??

Easterhouse= do you mean the two ponds on either side of the road on the road from Gartcosh to the Fort centre??

Theres a good pond for Pearch at Dullatur but its quite hard to find. its an old quarry up the road from the canal that has been stalked up over the years with perch from the canal. if you drive into dullatur and instead of taking the right down to the canal take the imediate next right by the tennis courts. go down to the end of the road til you are forced to take a right and park up. you will see strait down the track as it would be the continuation of the road. head down the hill there is some open ground on the right of you and a we path after that on the left then trees start on the left. part of the way down those trees you will see a track. on the left mind. follow that and yo will be there in a minute. the only things about this pond is swimmers at the weekend and not much room to cast although you dont really need to cast far out this is cast in fish cast in fish and so on. there has been talk of big ones in there but i have only fished there with maggot on stick. i will go for the biggies soon with a difrnt method.

BRING ON THE NEW PIKE WATERS ! ! ! :D

17 Jun 2008, 20:59

try the hot water pond hard going but thre big fish in thare its a funny water sometimes. thare not many that fish it now used to be a great water25 years agot untill the perch dissese but the perch have made a come back thares also roach and gudgeon i think this water would be ex for carp yep .i think so but would need a lot of work done but thares a rare flower thats thare someware.. read that a few year ago but no worries about the fishing. gove it ago.... if u want il meet you thare if i can make it

17 Jun 2008, 21:06
Profile YIM

wheres that :?

17 Jun 2008, 21:09

Cumby mate, you told me about that wee Perch water but I`ve not had a chance to check it out yet...
Witchwood Ponds are also know as the "Tarry Burn" and you can get to it by taking the side road just between Gartsherrie Primary and the Patersons depot, or from the back road from Glenboig-Townhead.
Bishops Loch (Easterhouse) is next to the new houses that are built in the Sanitorium grounds on the Gartcosh-Fort road; the 2 ponds either side of the road are just overflow ponds that have grown in size over the past 15-20 yrs so dunno about any fish in them.

For new Pike waters try Black Loch up at Limerigg, Loch Ellrig up past Slamannan, or even the 2 Fannyside Lochs over the back from Palacerigg?

Woodend across from Lochend/Drumpellier is a SSSI and the Park Ranger keeps an eye on it each day...

17 Jun 2008, 21:37
Profile WWW

yeah i have fished the little perch quary u mentiond. its good fun, i fished it in the winter when the swimmers censored off lol, fished at dusk, was good fun. had a few wee ones. since it is a perch only water ,mayb deadbaits would be a good option for the biggies, or roach lives? yeah the wychwood wonds are ace i think! good sport with maggots adn a light sensitive float, i usually double it with one pike rod, free lined on the alarms in the shallows. bishops loch is also another ace perch water, they are untargeted aswell.

17 Jun 2008, 22:17

the hot water pond is in newmains to carluke road

17 Jun 2008, 22:23
Profile YIM

Sounds good guys. am gona go n buy a good map 2day 2 see if i can work out where these places are before i go all elmer fud (Hunting) lol.

18 Jun 2008, 08:52

Hi guys just a wee update on Craiglinn pond...used to fish it every w/end yrs ago...not been near it for the fishing since they drained it (when the new houses were built on the quarry cliff) but used to see the carp sunning themselves in the shallows in the corner...Used to be some big Roach/rudd/perch/ and even used to see a good B trout jumping under the trees on the cliff face...Only nip in for a looksee every now and again...when Im passing....Last time in june this year...and the carp are still there...I came up over the wee dam wall as quiet as I could...but me dug dont know the basics of stalking...and she spooked a couple of them in the same corner,...One shot off to the middle of the pond..The other melted under the weedbed and disappeared.....So as of june this year there are still carp in there....Dont know how the close proximity of the houses...Noise etc will have affected the fishing...but would think the residents might have something to say about anybody trying an overnighter...Which BTW..theres only one spot you could get a bivvy in on there...and thats well away from the corner where I used to fish...Another thing the pond is really deep...at least 40ft in places...so If anyone was targetting it for the carp...a wee rece trip with a lead bomb might be called for...to find any shelf's etc...

Tangler.

11 Oct 2008, 19:16

Location: Educating Esoxian on the virtues of passive verbal communication toward people with canoes..
Cheers for the update tangler on the wee water....fished it after the buildings went on myself and seemed a totally different water. Never knew it was drained, although looked liked the builders had been using it for disposing of site waste as it was the same colour as cement with all sorts of cavity insulation and timbers etc floating in it. Do you still see the monster terrapin in there sunning itself?...Use to hold some of the largest shoals of roach I've seen in Scotland in there....all 2lb plus fish....good to hear you saw the Carp recently...Thought they had been done in with the building mess or even decanted..

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

23 Oct 2008, 09:28
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next